Google Translator

Monday, March 12, 2018

Frames/Shadow Boxes


Hi all- Just a quick post to show you what I have been working on here in Florida.  I love making these frames or Shadow boxes depending on how you want to use them. The above picture shows the flowers from Karen Burniston's Flower Pot Pop Up dies.    I started out using the tutorial on the link below.  But I didn't always have success when making my frames.  The instructions are great so I don't know where I would go wrong.   Check it out-




The frame above is an example of a boo boo.  The upper right hand corner didn't come together as tightly as I like.  But I loved the paper so I did end up decorating it anyway.  I used Heartfelt Creations lovely fuschia die to add the flowers.  



I also used Heartfelt Creations flower die to add the flowers to the above frame.  The picture below shows a die from Spellbinders.  Love the little bunny playing peek a boo!




 I haven't decorated this frame as yet.  I added a little lace from a Stampin Up die.  I am still trying to decide what to use on this frame.



I decided to give in and buy Elizabeth Craft Designs Happy Frame XL.  You can see it in the picture below.  I have great results in making frames with this die.  The first picture at the top of this post is made with this die.  You can make all sizes too!    Elizabeth Crafts also sells a die that has a thinner front and will fit inside of the Happy XL.  I may get that too!    You can add pictures to these frames or a quote that might be special to you.  Since I don't have a printer here ... I will add something to these frames when I get home.   You could use them as Shadow Boxes too.   I hope everyone has a fabulous day!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog post. I have been umming and ahhhing over whether to purchase the Elizabeth craft box frame and I think you have just given me that extra nudge to go and order it.

    Lovely boxes with all the flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! Great to use for a photo or sentiment--think I'm gonna get it too!! Can't wait for you to get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris For the life of me I couldnt find the email option so I hope you see this.Its shonztaare@gmail.com
    Thank you again your a life saver.

    ReplyDelete