Google Translator

Sunday, October 1, 2017

UP UP and Away!





Our Grandson, Everett, has a birthday this month!  I know he loves airplanes and Lightning McQueen.  I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  That card was made from a Savings Cut file.  You can see it on the link below-


Now, I don't have a machine that will cut that file.  So I decided to try and recreate it using my dies.




It was fun using different dies to make this airplane!  The wings were formed from a Memory Box die of an arched window.  I just outlined the die and cut it out by hand.  The balloons are from Stampin Up.   The card is a rectangle Card in a Box.  In the picture below you can see that it does fold flat for mailing.  You do have to lift the engine section to mail it. 


I even made the controls- can you see it below?  





I am hoping Everett likes this little airplane!



I had a picture of Everett from our apple picking day -where he had his arms up in the air.   My hubby thought it would be perfect for this card.  I think he was right!  He is piloting his birthday airplane!  Happy October everyone!


3 comments: