Google Translator

Thursday, July 20, 2017

U Fold Box Birthday Card


Our youngest sister's birthday is this weekend! I have been looking for a different type of card to make for her and came across a tutorial for the U- Fold Box Card on Pinterest!  I just love it!   I was able to use my stamps/dies from My Favorite Things-Recipe for Happiness.  That would be the Chef along with some of the utensils.  I also used the stamps from Lawn Fawn- Sprinkled with Joy-  the oven along with some jars.  



I did make the oven larger by cutting the oven and mounting it on white cardstock.  The stove I made using some paper clips I had and adhering them with Crystal Effects.  Oh, I made the Chef taller by cutting longer legs for  him....

Check out Tammy's great tutorial!  I love how she made this into a tool bench and dressing table!  So cute!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/48835977192938276/



The card box does lie flat as you can see from the picture below.  The recipient just has to push the stove top down to form the oven.




Lastly,  here are a couple of pictures of the back of the card.  Plenty of room to decorate.  I used some stickers I had in my stash to finish off the card.  I think I may make another one but I am trying to think what else I could do for a scene.   Hmmm..... barbeque? 







Hope your day is fun!

9 comments:

  1. How cute! I made a similar birthday card for a 10 year old great-niece this year who is learning to cook. Mine wasn't quite as big as yours but I even adhered a small crocheted "rug" on the parquet floor I made with die cut squares. I never thought to use paperclips for the oven eyes but that is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Chris this is so COOL! Love all the little details you added to make this card so very special. I'm sure your sister loved it! Thank you for always discovering new and fun cards to make. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool card! and I love the stamp set! May have to borrow it from you!! You made me want to try the U-fold card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love that you decorated the back of the card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millie! It's a fun card to make!

      Delete
  5. Are you on Instagram? You inspired me to make one and I was going to tag you on there to give you credit!

    ReplyDelete