Google Translator

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friend's Birthday Card


90th Birthday Celebration!
My Mother asked me to make a card to celebrate her friends 90th birthday!  I know her friend has been ill lately so I hope this brings her a little bit of cheer!  I used Nestabilities to make the lacy oval and the circle Nestabilities for the inside of the lacy oval.  I just purchased Spellbinder's crosses dies and I love them.  I wished I had them at Easter time.  I took all the sizes of crosses and brushed them with different colors of Tim Holtz's Distressed ink and then layered them with dimensionals.  I love the effect!  The flowers are from SU's Fifth Avenue Floral stamps.  I stamped them in Tim Holtz's Worn Lipstick and also brushed the edges with the ink as well.  The center is colored with Copic markers in yellow and orange.  Then brushed with Distressed ink in Marigold.  Martha Stewart's butterfly in My Mind's Eye paper was used to finish off my card.  The background paper is from My Mind's Eye too!  My new favorite decorative paper! The sentiment on the front of the card is from Stampin Up's All Holidays Stamp.   Here are a few more pictures!

Close Up!


My Mom's favorite Bible verse is used inside!


4 comments:

  1. I saw this card on Splitcoast and it is still pretty. The inside is as nice as the outside. I see you used some new die cuts,too. Mom's friends will love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very colorful card! Love the paper and the cross is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    Stunning card and so colorful! I love all the dimension to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazing super duper, love it love it.

    ReplyDelete